- 10 hours per week with at least half of those hours to be scheduled within, Monday through Thursday from 9-5 p.m starting on August 23, 2021. Two five-hour days strongly
- Attend 40-hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Certification in July of 2021 and
background check by August 23, 2021.
- Bilingual/ multilingual applicants encouraged.
Start date: August 23, 2021
Increase knowledge and access of sexual assault services to all communities by outreaching to communities to create awareness of services, treatment, recovery, and trauma. Within the second semester, a special project will be proposed and implemented based on intern interest. This internship requires a person who is task-oriented, has excellent verbal and written communication skills, and enjoys working with a diverse staff and volunteer team. Strong communication skills preferred. Bilingual/multilingual applicants preferred. This position is specific to aiding the outreach for the RRC to community members and partners.
The Outreach Intern shall report to the Outreach Coordinator. All Outreach Intern activities shall observe the Rape Recovery Center employee personnel policies and practices.
How to apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Outreach Intern
Please submit questions regarding this internship to Danielle Martinez at email@example.com.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent the Rape Recovery Center with a professional image and manner.
- Show confidence in knowledge base, people skills, and competency.
- Provide outreach presentation to community partners both in-person and virtually
- Distribute information about services at outreach and tabling events and social media while ensuring uniform content and standardization based on RRC branding.
- Create a special project to be started within second semester (Spring) of internship. Past projects have included; a research project on sexual violence in a marginalized community, the creation of a social media campaign, an event for Sexual Assault Awareness Month, tracking and supporting policy initiatives during the Utah State Legislature.