Start Date: Monday, August 24
Provide primary prevention information and education to the community. Work with youth, parents, key community stakeholders, and partnering organizations to create community-wide changes that increase protective factors and reduces risk factors for violence.
- 10 hours per week to be scheduled within, Monday through Thursday from 9-5 p.m. Access to reliable transportation.
- Attend Intern/New Hire Orientation
- Complete 40-hour state-certification sexual violence advocacy training during
the following times:
- Tuesday, June 9th, 2020, from 5:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Wednesday, June 10th, 2020, from 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
- Thursday, June 11th, 2020, from 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
- Saturday, June 13th, 2020, from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday, June 16th, 2020, from 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
- Wednesday, June 17th, 2020, from 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
- Thursday, June 18th, 2020, from 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
- Saturday, June 20th, 2020, from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Must complete and pass a criminal background check
Provide culturally competent educational workshops. Outreach to communities to create awareness of the issue of sexual violence and ways in which we can make community-wide changes to eliminate it. Work under the supervision of the Prevention Coordinator to collaborate with like-minded agencies in the greater community. This internship requires a person who is task-oriented, has excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working with a diverse staff and communities. Experience in sexual violence issues preferred. Bilingual with fluency in conversational and written Spanish preferred.
Reports to: The Prevention Intern shall report to the Prevention Coordinator. All prevention activities shall observe the Rape Recovery Center employee personnel policies and practices.
- Represent the Rape Recovery Center with a professional image and manner. Show confidence in knowledge base, people skills, and competency.
- Assist the Prevention Coordinator as needed to facilitate and coordinate meetings with community partners.
- Attend weekly staff and education meetings.
- Organize and present training and workshops in the community.
- Help to develop and facilitate LGBTQ+-specific healthy relationships curriculum.
- Facilitate school workshops on healthy relationships and consent.
- Assist with development and implementation of community-wide prevention efforts.
Reporting and Evaluation Process
- Meet weekly with Prevention Coordinator for supervision.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Ensure adherence to all contract goals and objectives detailed in grants.
- Submit notes by quarterly and weekly review dates.