Pasifika Ambassador applications must be submitted by August 31, 2021. Any applications received after 5:00pm will not be accepted. Please submit a current resume, essay answering the two questions below, and name and contact information for two references in the form below.
Pasifika Ambassadors are involved in several on- and off-campus recruitment activities co-hosted or sponsored by the PI Studies Initiative. All Pasifika Ambassadors will meet for a weekly seminar led by the PI Studies Initiative Bridge Program Director. Other duties include, but are not limited to, the following: staff various community events and outreach activities; assist with marketing and promoting the U and PI Studies; work on projects designed to help advance the goals of the PI Initiative with designated PI Studies Initiative professors, staff, and community leaders.
Students seeking to become a member of the Pasifika Ambassadors Program should be actively engaged in PI communities on- and off-campus. They should demonstrate a strong sense of dependability, dedication, enthusiasm, good communication skills, and a commitment to service.
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student (12 credits hours minimum) at The University of Utah
- Maintain a 2.7 cumulative grade point average while serving as an Ambassador
- Commit to full participation throughout the academic year (August to December)
- Sign and adhere to a contract outlining responsibilities
- Attend mandatory trainings
- Attend bi-monthly meetings with PI Studies Initiative Bridge Program Director and cohort
- Participate in PI Studies Initiative signature events
- Participate in recruitment and retention events
- Work up to 10 hours per week, including some weekends and evening hours
Benefits of being an Ambassador
Throughout your time as a Pasifika Ambassador, you will experience many personal and professional benefits that go beyond your monetary compensation. These experiences include:
- Public speaking and communication skills: As a Pasifika Ambassador, you will have many opportunities to develop and strengthen these skills.
- Customer Service: Pasifika Ambassadors represent the Pacific Islands Studies Initiative, their communities, and family in a positive, professional, and encouraging manner.
- Networking: You will also have the opportunity to meet campus administrators, PI community and thought leaders and other PI dignitaries.
- Leadership: You will learn what it means to be a leader on campus, within the PI community, and the community at large through service.
- Community Building: You will be empowered to use your intelligence, talents, and connections to provide solutions to the most important issues facing our community.
Pasifika Ambassadors are compensated $11/hour. Average weekly hours will fluctuate depending on the area of expertise you have and your assignment. Approximately, 10 hours per week.
Pasifika Ambassadors are allowed to have other jobs provided that these jobs and activities do not interfere with mandatory work dates, duties, and responsibilities you have committed to.